- Stotfold Watermill
- Sat 7th - Sun 8th October
- 10.30am - 5.00pm
- Discounted advance tickets
Working Steam Weekend and Agricultural Show
Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th October 2023
An opportunity to see a unique collection of the steam-driven machines used for ploughing, threshing, and harvesting, that helped revolutionised farming. It was these faster, more efficient methods that meant that bread, the staple of life for most of the population, became more affordable.
Stotfold’s working watermill will be operating all weekend demonstrating how locally harvested and threshed grain is ground into Stotfold Mill’s quality stone-ground flour which will also be for sale.
Whilst visiting the mill why not stop for an afternoon tea at Randall’s tea room? If you are one of the lucky ones you might even get an exclusive spot on the terrace beside the mill stream!
What else will I experience over the weekend?
- Steam – lots of it! Engines of all shapes and sizes – demonstrating how they were originally used for farming in the 19th century including:
- Threshing Machine
- Saw Milling Machinery
- Stationary steam powered engines – rock crushing, milling & drilling
- Commercial Vehicles
- Ploughing using different techniques – heavy horses, steam driven & vintage tractors
- Working demonstrations - from steam powered threshing machines & saws
- Traditional working crafts
- Fun stuff for the kids include vintage fair rides and swing boats
- Hot and Cold Refreshments
- Licensed bar (in the marque)
And much more!
The funds generated are essential to keep Stotfold Mill and its Nature Reserve open for all to enjoy as a visitor attraction, without charge. Please help keep our rural heritage alive and come along to our 2022 Working Steam Weekend.
20% Discount on Advanced Tickets once they go on sale
One day ticket pricing;
- £10 Adults, £5 Children (4-15) on the gate
- £8 Adults, £4 Children (4-15) online in advance
- Under 4’s – free
Deadline for ordering advance tickets online: Midnight Thursday 5th October 2023.