- Stotfold Watermill
- Sat 9th - Sun 10th October
- 10.30am - 5.00pm
- Discounted advance tickets
Working Steam Weekend
Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th October 2021
A rare opportunity to see a unique collection of the steam-driven machines used for ploughing, threshing, and harvesting, that helped revolutionised farming. It was these faster, more efficient methods that meant that bread, the staple of life for most of the population, became more affordable.
Stotfold’s working watermill will be operating all weekend demonstrating how locally harvested and threshed grain is ground into Stotfold Mill’s quality stone-ground flour.
Whilst visiting the mill why not stop for an afternoon tea at Randall’s team room? If you are one of the lucky ones you might even get an exclusive spot on the terrace beside the mill stream!
What else will I experience over the weekend?
- Steam – lots of it! Engines of all shapes and sizes – demonstrating how they were originally used for farming in the 19th century
- Ploughing using different techniques – heavy horses, steam driven & vintage tractors
- Working demonstrations - from steam powered threshing machines & saws
- Heavy horses – fire engines, cart pulling & ploughing
- Stationary steam powered engines – rock crushing, milling & drilling
- Traditional working crafts & cider pressing
- Craft tent – boutique crafts
- Kids vintage fair rides
- Food stalls
- Marquee & bar
And much, much more!
This year the weekend also features Live@theMill – a night of live rock music in the bar marquee on Friday 8th Oct – this is a separate event so please look on the events page or click here for further information and tickets.
Fancy making a full weekend of it? Camping pitches are available please look on the events page or click here for further information and booking.
The funds generated are essential to keep Stotfold Mill and its Nature Reserve open for all to enjoy as a visitor attraction, without charge. Please help keep our rural heritage alive and come along to our 2021 Working Steam Weekend.
20% Discount on Advanced Tickets
One day ticket pricing;
- £10 Adults, £5 Children (4-16) on the gate
- £8 Adults, £4 Children (4-16) online in advance
- Under 4’s – free
Deadline for ordering tickets online: Friday 8th October 2020.